alt and pepper to taste
1. In a large stock pot, combine leftover turkey bones, leftover bone-in-ham, onion, carrots and celery. Add 20 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the stock is reduced to 16 cups of stock, about 2 hours.
2. Strain stock and remove the bones and vegetables. Use a fork and shred the meat from the bones and set aside.
3. Add stock back to pot over medium heat. Add 2 cups of rice and reduce heat. Cook for 1 ½ hours or until soup has a creamy consistency. Be sure to stir once in awhile to prevent rice from sticking on the bottom of the pot.
4. Add ham and turkey meat back to the rice soup and season with salt and pepper until desired flavor is achieved. Add more water if you prefer a liquidy consistency.
5. Garnish rice porridge with cilantro, green onions, and fried onions/shallots.